1.) We are looking for a wedding dance lessons. What is the first step?
The first step is an initial assessment meeting with us, at our studio in Amsterdam.
This meeting is a time for us to get to know you and your partner, your wishes for the first dance and most importantly to assess your dance abilities. During this meeting we will discuss:
- Dance styles (salsa, bachata, cha cha cha, waltz, or other)
- Music choice (single song / medley)
- Duration of routine
- Your wedding outfits, venue and atmosphere
2.) How many lessons will we need to take?
This depends on various factors including:
- Your previous dance experience
- Style and duration of the routine
- Amount of practice time you can dedicate to the routine
During our initial assessment meeting we will, together, develop a plan of action, that will include an estimated number of lessons.
For experienced dancers, as few as 3 lessons could be required. For couples with less or no dance experience, the number of lessons may be between 5 – 10.
Each lesson is 1 hour in duration.
3.) What dance styles do you teach?
The Latin based styles that we teach at SalsAmsterdam are:
- Salsa (upbeat, rhythmical dance style with turn patterns)
- Bachata (sensual or moderna, a simple dance that can be done to various kinds of traditional or modern/pop music)
- Cha cha cha (a technical, rhythmical dance style)
4.) Who will teach the lessons and create the routine?
We, Rodolfo and Kai, are a dance partnership and will create your unique wedding dance. During your wedding dance lessons, you have the added benefit of two dance instructors, one male and one female. Rodolfo Navarrete has 16+ years of performing and instructing experience, across Europe and South America. He brings years of knowledge and experience to the lessons. Kai, has been performing professionally for 10 years and works closely with Rodolfo to create routines which uniquely represent each wedding couple.
Our primary goal is to make you feel confident and comfortable on the dance floor!
For further questions please don’t hesitate to contact Kai at firstname.lastname@example.org